The Water Wars - Cameron Stracher

Tuesday, January 24, 2012
Title: The Water Wars
Author: Cameron Stracher
Pages: 240
Genre: Young Adult/Dystopian
Publication Date: 1/1/2011
Rating: *
Welcome to a future where water is more precious than gold or oil-and worth killing for...

Vera and her brother, Will, live in the shadow of the Great Panic, in a country that has collapsed from environmental catastrophe. Water is hoarded by governments, rivers are dammed, and clouds are sucked from the sky. But then Vera befriends Kai, who seems to have limitless access to fresh water. When Kai suddenly disappears, Vera and Will set off on a dangerous journey in search of him-pursued by pirates, a paramilitary group, and greedy corporations. Timely and eerily familiar, acclaimed author Cameron Stracher makes a stunning YA debut that's impossible to forget.


Honestly, the one star is mostly for the cover. The cover is fantastic! The writing however...

I tried desperately to get into this one and just couldn't. I will be honest and say that I didn't even make it halfway through. I know some really liked it or hated it for one reason or another. For me, I just couldn't get past the writing. It seemed too monotone for me. Not only was it monotonous, but it just felt like this:

"We have no water, spilling water is illegal blah blah... Random filler stuff blah blah... Introduce new blah character...", etc.

That sums up my feelings on this one, but it could still work for some readers. Unfortunately, it just didn't do it for me.

1 comments:

Jenny said...

LOL! I'm going to have to try this one but I won't be buying it. It's a shame it's not very good because I ADORE the cover!

Post a Comment

Thanks for any comments! I always try to comment back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...